87 years of extraordinary experience goes into all we make
Our story began in 1925 when Heinrich Blanc, an innovative visionary, founded the Blanco company in Oberderdingen, Germany. It seemed a small step but it was a bold one, for over the years his company gained a reputation for high quality, brilliant design, reliability and performance.
In 1978, Blanco arrived downunder and revolutionized the marketplace with Australia’s first Stainless Steel kitchen appliances.
Since then our attention to detail, an eye for aesthetics and an innovative approach, have led to numerous design awards.
It’s this award-winning innovation, combined with our decades of experience, that guarantees Blanco will keep creating extraordinary moments in people’s lives for years to come.
- 1925 Heinrich Blanc founded Blanc & Co in Oberderdingen, Germany, producing copper-plated containers
- 1931 Heinrich Blanc and Karl Fischer founded E.G.O.It is now one of the largest component suppliers to appliance manufacturers in Europe
- 1942 Blanco build a press shop, producing one of the first hydraulic 4-column presses to manufacture product for the commercial catering industry
- 1950 With an awareness for the many possible applications for stainless steel, Blanco begin to produce equipment for the contract catering industry
- 1951 Blanco produces its first stainless steel sink
- 1963 Kitchen and tabletop appliances were produced in a new facility in Kronau, Germany
- 1976 New corporate philosophy led BLANCO to focus on 3 product groups: domestic technology, food service and medical engineering
- 1978 Blanco arrives in Australia
- 1980 Blanco expands kitchen technology solutions range to include stainless steel cooking appliances in Australia
- 1994 EGO develop and introduce the first electronic touch controls for ceramic cooktops
- 2003 Blanco wins their first global iF product design award
- 2007 Blanco awarded their first Red Dot Award
- 2010 Blanco celebrates 30 years selling stainless steel cooking appliances in Australia
- 2011 Blanco awarded The Good Design award for induction cooktop CI804L
- 2011 Blanco funds the NBCF 2011 Novel Concept research project